As the DS-SR road captain, my primary job is to make sure our riders stick to the race plan, can adapt to changes in the situation, and are motivated to attack or defend when we need them to. With such a great group of guys, it's a pretty easy job! In terms of riding, I'm lucky enough to be able to both climb and sprint, which has brought me a lot of race wins over the last few years. For the team, this gives us options to compete for results in both flat and hilly races. We've already shown we have a very strong lead out team for flatter finishes, and our climbers give us the ability to get me and Matt to the final climb with plenty of energy to spare.
- Name - Ryan Visser
- Age - 31
- Team position/speciality - Road Captain. Puncheur
- How did you get in to cycling - BMXing and mountain biking when I was a kid
- Training music - Machine Head or any other metal band.
- Outside interests - Business, coaching, gaming. My dog (and team mascot) Zephyr
- Favourite rider - Geraint Thomas. Punchy, can do everything, a proper racer.
- Favourite pro race - Roubaix.
- Favourite climb - Galilea in Mallorca. The local climb at my parents' house.
Top tip for new racers - pedal fast, pedal smooth, half-wheel everyone.