If you're looking to find a rider who's comfortable at the sharp end of some of the hardest races in the UK, look no further than Rob. Formerly of Felt Racing and Belgium's ASFRA Racing, and with a pedigree that includes racing in Belgium, Holland and France, as well as Premier Calendar races in the UK, Rob's seen it all. A big, powerful rider with a huge amount of top end speed, Rob's been brought into Danny Shane – Storck Racing to give us firepower at the end of hard road races and quick town centre crits. An incredibly talented rider, I expect Rob's going to have a big career on the road.
- Name - Rob Ward
- Age - 23
- Team position/specialty - All rounder
- How did you get in to cycling - As a way to get around before I could drive.
- Training music - XFM Breakfast podcast, it makes those long rides go by quicker
- Outside interests - Always changing but right now, horse racing, films and science stuff
- Favourite rider/influences - Tom Boonen The King of Belgium
- Favourite pro race - Tour of Flanders
- Favourite climb - Koppenburg although Sa Calobra is pretty spectacular
Top tip for new racers: Forget the supplements and fad diets, eat well and train hard. Then the results will come. Also get a sports massage monthly.