I'm really excited about having Matt on the Danny Shane – Storck Racing team. As a rider who can sprint (and having already won races for DS-SR this year), Matt's capable of competing against the bigger sprinters in the finale. But, his ability to climb and his high power to weight ratio mean he's capable of getting over far harder courses and featuring at the end. I think Matt will pick up a lot of results on punchy finishes over his career – watch this space
- Name - Matt Bone
- Age - 25
- Team position/speciality - Puncheur/All Rounder
- How did you get in to cycling - I started with MTB and downhill, then after watching the 2011 TDF, chopped in the MTB bikes to buy my first road bike!
- Training music - Anything current
- Outside interests – Coffee. And coffee shops…
- Favourite rider/influences - Thomas Voeckler, never afraid to get up the road, great to watch!
- Favourite pro race - Has to be one of the spring classics, Flanders, Roubaix or Liege Bastogne Liege
- Favourite climb - Alpe d'Huez
Top tip for new racers - Work out what you're good at (climbing, sprinting or TTs), then train the other two things.