James, or JB to the rest of the team, is or resident speedster. Having trained with JB for years, I realised his potential as a sprinter after leading him out for his first win on a fast flat bunch finish in the Surrey League in 2014. At home during crazy bunch finishes, and with a big top end kick, JB can expect to get a lot of race wins over his time with DS-SR. However, his real potential is as a lead out man, a position he's already proven himself incredibly capable at performing in due to his big engine and ability to ramp the pace up over the final kilometre.
- Name - James Bonham
- Age: 34
- Team position/specialty - Crit Rider & All-Rounder
- How did you get in to cycling - to compliment weight training with some cardio. After 6 months I ditched the weights and now I only cycle
- Training music - none, always TV on the indoor trainer
- Outside interests: eating & resting
- Favourite rider/influences - I'm a fan of Sagan for the way he rides but admire the likes of Kristoff and Degenkolb for being such beasts. Tony Martin on the solo break too for that matter.
- Favourite pro race: Paris - Roubaix
- Favourite climb - Col du Telegraphè & Col du Galibièr